PROGRAM MANAGER I
Assistant Response Coordination Branch Manager
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||9/10/2019 09:09:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,165.00 - $73,144/year, with potential for growth to $90,173.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the agency of State Government with primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA works to ensure that all Marylanders engage in preparedness activities and that the entire state is more disaster resilient.
The Response Coordination Branch is a critical part of MEMA's mission and the successful execution of the Agency's Center for Preparedness Excellence.
This position reports to the Manager of the Response Coordination Branch. This position serves the State of Maryland, its State Agencies, and local jurisdictions in management, direction, and coordination of all activities of the Maryland Joint Operations Center (MJOC), 24/7 operations, which provides for prompt, efficient and effective communications on emergency incidents and. Responsibilities of the Assistant Response Coordination Branch Manager include overall direction, planning, organization and control of the MJOC 24/7 operations and staff.
The position will also support Agency programs, projects, and activities related to the overall Agency mission, and may be tasked to support other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Response Coordination Branch. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, this position requires strong communication, managerial, supervisory, and leadership skills, as well as strong technical and presentation skills.
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management Personnel
- MJOC Management, Policy and Procedure Development
- Communications and Notification
- MJOC Use of Technology
- Support the Agency’s statewide activities
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in Consequence Management Directorate and overall Agency initiatives and programs
Education: An associate's degree in emergency management, public safety, or management/business.
Experience: Three years of supervisory experience in a public safety emergency communications and/or operations center; to include management, policy, and procedure development.
1. Additional supervisory experience in a public safety emergency communications and/or operations center may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Five years of experience in the operations of public information and warning systems, computer aided dispatch (CAD), WebEOC, and/or other systems within a public safety emergency communications and/or operations center environment
- Two years of experience in the development and deployment of emergency operations center staffing plans
- Two years of experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Two years of experience training others and/or assistance in measuring outcomes
- Proficient in the use of Google systems including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and other office products
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.