HR ADMINISTRATOR II
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 11:35:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,165.00 - $90,173.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of Human Resources
120 W. Fayette Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
The position directs the activity of the Employee Relations Section by consulting with management and employees regarding employment-related issues in the workplace. Responsibilities include grievance resolution, disciplinary actions, performance and attendance improvement, probation, staff development, coordination of health benefits, FMLA, and Risk Management.
This position performs highly responsible, professional level, supervisory and managerial work as the Manager, Employee Relations for the Department of Juvenile Services (DJS). The Manager serves as the DJS technical expert and final authority to over 2,100 employees on employer-employee relations, labor-management relations, collective bargaining, leave administration and health. The Manager is responsible for developing training courses and manuals, pamphlets, charts, template letters and memoranda pertaining to employer-employee relations, internal investigations, disciplinary process to include conducting grievance conferences and writing decisions collective bargaining and for delivering training to all levels of employees. The Manager represents management at the Department of Budget and Management (DBM)settlement conferences and at the Office of Administrative Hearings (OAH).
Experience: Four years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for up to two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional experience working with disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Knowledge of State Personnel and Pension and COMAR
- Experience developing and delivering training to staff
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum and selective qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services, OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit, One Center Plaza, 120 W. Fayette St., Baltimore, MD 21201, Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number: 410-333-4188
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the announcement in your email.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|