ACCOUNTANT SUPERVISOR I
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||11/8/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/22/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year (State salary guidelines apply.)|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
THIS RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO CURRENT STATE OF MARYLAND EMPLOYEES OF BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES, FINANCE UNIT.
LOCATION OF POSITION
BALTIMORE CITY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
1910 N. BROADWAY
BALTIMORE, MD 21213
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose and function of the Manager of Reconciliation & Resolution for the Baltimore City Department of Social Services (BCDSS) is to manage and lead accountants that are responsible for preparing accurate and precise reconciliations of all bank accounts, gift cards and financial transactions ensuring that Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) are applied, all required State and DHS policies and procedures are followed, and proper internal controls are maintained. This position is also responsible for resolving any issues identified through actions received from the Directors office, and issues that are reported to Finance by phone or walk-in.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of accounting experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Three years working with excel, word, and PowerPoint.
2. Three years experience reviewing financial reports and reconciling bank accounts.
3. Two years experience writing accounting policies and providing technical guidance in order to improve accounting controls.
4. Two years experience resolving payment rejections as a result of Telecheck, Scan, and Certegy procedures and resolving other finance complaints by staff and providers.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to current State of Maryland employees of Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Finance Unit.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|