FINANCIAL COMPLIANCE AUDITOR I
|Department||DBM OPSB Division of Employee Benefits|
|Date Opened||9/12/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cecelia Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
301 W. Preston Street, 5th Floor-Room 510
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include but are not limited to:
Perform a series of Compliance Reviews and Claims Eligibility audit tests identifying deficiencies and material exceptions to generally accepted accounting principles and material noncompliance with applicable laws, regulations, procedures, and established vendor contract requirements.
Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls, and recommend corrective actions to resolve areas of non-compliance associated with the oversight of the State Health Insurance Fund for Employees and Retiree Health Insurance Programs.
Prepare audit work papers to include supporting documentation to ensure objectives have been accomplished; compliance has been met with professional governmental auditing standards; completion of draft recommendations have been submitted to upper management and correspondence has been sent to Third Party Administrators (TPAs).
Participate in special projects as required by the Director of Employee Benefits and Assistant Director of Fiscal Services.
Support Audit Manager in Entry & Exit Audit conferences in accordance with established Audit Plan.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a bBchelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience performing financial and compliance audits of a State agency, grantee, business or other entity.
1. Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional accounting experience for the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Internal Review classifications or Auditing specialty codes in the Financial or Auditing fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Skilled in analyzing automated and manual records, reports, and other business/financial documents; reviewing details pertinent to audit assignments
- Experience with process improvement and process mapping
- Experience communicating with internal and external customers
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|