IT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR II
Director of Infrastructure
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||5/9/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/9/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$62,063.00 - $99,644.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
OPD has a centralized Information Technology headquarters office located in Anne Arundel County and numerous field locations to include local OPD offices, courthouses, local detention centers and mental health hospitals. The Information Technology Division provides department-wide technology planning, acquisition, policies, connectivity, and support for a broad portfolio of infrastructure and applications operating in an enterprise caliber environment.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Anne Arundel County
Information Technology Division
989 Corporate Drive
Linthicum, Maryland 21090
Main Purpose of Job
The Director of Infrastructure oversees a functional unit within the Information Technology Division of the Office of the Public Defender (OPD). The Director of Infrastructure will provide senior management and oversight of IT's Service Desk and System Administration teams within the OPD Information Technology Division. The scope of this role will include responsibility of OPD's entire enterprise infrastructure which includes the data center environment, local and remote servers, security controls, storage, network, workstations, laptops, mobile devices and printers.
The incumbent within this position must possess the vision, technical expertise, and knowledge of the principles and practices of infrastructure engineering, operating an enterprise caliber data center environment, high availability infrastructure technologies, and strong familiarity with implementing and managing security controls. Additional skills the ideal candidate will possess includes a demonstrated history in proven leadership, high level judgement and decision making, management of financial resources, strategic and critical thinking, and complex problem solving.
Essential job functions the incumbent within this position will complete include providing technical assistance and advice to the Chief Information Officer, overseeing the implementation of the technology infrastructure strategy and roadmap, evaluating, selecting and implementing new technology infrastructure, setting policies and overseeing compliance for all information security. The incumbent will establish and manage the relationships with third-party technology infrastructure service and hardware providers, by utilizing performance management, accountability metrics, issue escalation and resolution, and service level management. The incumbent also serves as a point of escalation for application incidents and requests.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an information technology, business or management field.
· Six years of information technology experience working in a large scale, multi-site enterprise infrastructure environment, with four years at a management or supervisory level operating in a similar infrastructure discipline.
· Prior experience with key enterprise infrastructure and support concepts related to: high availability technologies, virtualization, information security, LAN/WAN, desktop/server support, and service desk management best practices.
Note: Additional information technology experience will substitute on a year for year basis for the bachelor’s degree. A related master’s degree will also substitute for one year of the general experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Working and current knowledge of engineering and system administration concepts, tools, and techniques related to a Microsoft based enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with interfacing with business leaders to gather, synthesize, and analyze functional requirements.
- Prior experience with implementing and ensuring compliance of an Information Security program and related policies, procedures, and controls.
- Prior experience with managing a group of IT infrastructure support professionals, vendors, and contractors operating in a multi-tiered support environment.
This is a Management Service position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-8134.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8503, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.