IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST SUPERVISOR
Information Systems Specialist
|Department||Maryland Higher Education Commission|
|Date Opened||8/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,165.00 - $73,144.00 with progression to $90,173|
|HR Analyst||Cheryl Murphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2.Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- One year of experience working with IPEDS data formats and submissions
- Experience with use of a data statistical package such as Stata, SPSS
- Experience with SSRS, Power BI, C Sharp and VBScript programming languages
- Experience planning, designing, building, implementing and maintaining IT systems, relational databases, batch data collection/transfer applications, and data security.