IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST, LEAD/ADVANCED
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||1/11/2019 2:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,897.00 - $66,201/year with potential growth to $81,680.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Leslie Wigfield|
This is a Position Specific Recruitment for the Family Investment Administration in the Department of Human Services. This recruitment is limited to Department of Human Services employees only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human
Services Family Investment Administration
Bureau of Information Analysis
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This position manages and develops automated tools that promote program integrity and payment accuracy in the Local Department of Social Services as well as within Department of Human Services, Family Investment Administration Units. Specifically and immediately, this position supports, enhances and troubleshoots the Department's number one error reduction strategy: the Program Integrity, Reporting and Management Information Database (PIRAMID) Pre-Review Direct system. The incumbent in this position also supports, enhances and troubleshoots the following Excel/Visual Basic tools: Free Flow, SAIL Harbor, Virtual VERF, the Monthly Analyzer, the Weekly Analyzer, Generator V, Automated Bureau of Long Term Care Database, State Review Team database, the XFS Screening Tool, Pre-Review Direct, Accretion/Deletion , and Match Direct.
This position designs, writes programming code, troubleshoots and is responsible for the successful continued and expanded use of the following automated tools: Free Flow, SAIL Harbor, Virtual VERF, Monthly Analyzer, Weekly Analyzer, Generator V, Automated Bureau of Long Term Care Database, State Review Team Database, XFS Screening Tool, Pre-Review Direct, Accretion/Deletion and Match Direct; supervises and oversees the IT Programmer operations of the Bureau; trains users in the use of new and revised applications; and performs all other related duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: Two years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credits from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience with the design, development, and the User Acceptance Testing of DHS's Computer Information Systems.
2. One year of experience with database development and programming experience such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Access or Microsoft SQL Server.
3. One year of experience applying compliance, rules, polices regulations and procedures for Family Investment Programs.
4. Strong customer service, written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated skills in effective time management, priority setting, multi-tasking, problem solving and critical thinking.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
This recruitment is limited to employees currently working for the Department of Human Services.
Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached.
Employees may be furnished with a pager or cell phone.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to,
Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload.
If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882.
Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.