COMPUTER NETWORK SPECIALIST I
|Department||DLLR - Labor and Industry - MOSH|
|Date Opened||1/7/2019 4:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Chevelle Wise|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Installing Operating systems and networking communications software on servers, desktops, and laptops. Install, customize, and configure software and hardware to insure efficient and effective network performance and data security.
Diagnose network hardware and software problems and make repairs and corrections and adjustments or obtain service from software and hardware maintenance vendors.
Monitor network performance and hardware operation with network management and diagnostic programs and utilities to insure maximum efficiently.
Enter new users and set users privileges onto the MOSH federal and state network, and provide ongoing user support and training on proper network use and restrictions.
Evaluate technical data and databases processing and make recommendations to Supervisor.
Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer information technology, management information systems, or other information technology related field, to include course work in local or wide area computer network, from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Six months of experience planning, integrating and maintaining software and hardware for local or wide area computer networks.
1. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools; planning, installing and maintaining data communications network lines and devices; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and applications programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or high school equivalency certificate and completion of a certification program in Network Administration, such as Certified Novell Administrator (CNA), Microsoft Certified Product Specialist NT 4.0 Administrator or equivalent certification program for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas on a year-for-year basis for a high school education: operating computer systems, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computer systems, evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software or converting data from project specifications by developing programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Network Analyst classifications or Network Integration and Management specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment, Applications must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience installing and maintaining personal computers; evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; and network printers
Prefer A+ and/or Network+ certifications
IT Service management and support experience with ServiceNow
Experience creating and managing user profiles with ADManager
Familiarity with Bomgar for remote user support.
Experience with Cisco NAC/ISE, VolP, 802.1x, Firewall, VPN technologies, and networking management software, i.e., Prime VMware, load balancing technologies and Azure/AWS network experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants must provide sufficient information on the application to show they meet the qualifications for this recruitment. RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION/EXAMINATION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualification, including any required documentation (diploma, transcripts, certificate, etc) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
Applications that meet minimum and/or selective qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for interview selection. Units will select those candidates most closely demonstrating the qualifications for interview.
***Please note that your answers on the supplemental questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may contact Chevelle Wise 410-230-6293 or submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
Attn: 19-004412-0001 (Computer Network Specialist I-Contractual) CW
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 100
Baltimore, MD 21201
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.