COMPUTER INFORMATION SERVICES SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Filing Deadline||11/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Towson Department of Health and Human Services
Office of Information Technology
6401 York Road
Baltimore MD 21212
Provides computer user support to agency staff.
Diagnoses and resolve hardware, software, and network problems, by responding to various service requests from staff members.
Coordinates with vendors on assigned agency projects.
Provides application assistance, support, and training to Agency staff.
: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
: One year of experience evaluating, implementing and maintaining personal computer hardware and software.
1. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, data base or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Six months of experience with BOTH Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems.
2. Six months of experience with operating a system from a remote location for troubleshooting.
3. Six months of experience with data recovery and restoration.
4. Six months of experience assisting customers on-line using remote access software such as VPN, Citrix, Bomgar, RDP, and Zenworks.
5. Six months of experience with hard drive encryption.
6. Possession of Desk Top Certifications such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library/Foundations Certification), Dell Cert, A+ Cert, or MCP Cert.
7. Six months of experience with imaging tools from Ghost, Microsoft and Novell, or similar.
8. Six months of experience implementing, troubleshooting and managing an active directory.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation. Resumes are not required. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414. TTY Users: please call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.