REGISTERED NURSE MANAGER PSYCHIATRIC
|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||9/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,914.00 - $96,197.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
Springfield Hospital Center is a regional psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, Maryland Department of Health, which is located on a picturesque campus in southern Carroll County, MD. Springfield Hospital Center is one of the largest psychiatric hospitals in the State of Maryland that provides a wide range of clinical services for the treatment of patients with mental illnesses.
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Springfield Hospital Center, Sykesville, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions at the full performance level, as a Registered Nurse Manager responsible for providing the coordination and supervision of all facility nursing care services/issues under the supervision of a Director of Nursing/Assistant Director of Nursing and reports to the Nursing Administrative Team. This position ensures nursing care is delivered consistently in accordance with Nurse Practice Act standards, MDH, facility and departmental guidelines. This position supports the mission of the organization through active participation in clinical efforts to provide treatment in a recovery oriented environment. The foundation of a recovery oriented environment is respect and a commitment to safety in the least restrictive manner possible.
Duties assigned to this position include, but are not limited to:
- providing direct supervision, support and guidance to nursing staff in order to promote quality nursing care while consistently projecting a positive and professional image in all areas of job performance, in accordance with facility and departmental protocols and the Nurse Practice Act
- providing assessment and intervention regarding staffing needs in accordance with established facility standards, assuring that staffing is adequate for the provision of a safe and therapeutic milieu
- encouraging others and effectively seeking out opportunities to interact, establish rapport, role model and provide clinical supervision
- responding, directing and monitoring others for appropriate interactions with patients using therapeutic communication skills; to help them learn, and demonstrate appropriate social skills, and, to provide support in the milieu at community meetings, group meetings and activities
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four (4) years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include two (2) years in the option for which application is made (Psychiatric) and one (1) year in a supervisory, administrative or consultative capacity.
Notes: 1. A Master's degree in Nursing or a health-related field from an accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the option for which application is made (Psychiatric) may be substituted for the education and experience requirements.
2. Six (6) years of experience as a Registered Nurse to include three (3) years in a supervisory, administrative or teaching capacity in the option for which application is made (Psychiatric) may be substituted for the Education and Experience requirements.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Nursing classifications or Nursing and Hospital Administration specialty codes in the Nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have experience with telephone call management, including 911 access, and experience utilizing Microsoft Access, Excel and Word databases. The desired candidate must also be available to work a day's rotating shift (rotations will include evening and/or night shifts, as needed).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.