ACTIVITY THERAPY ASSOCIATE I
|Department||MDH Local Health- Kent County|
|Date Opened||1/3/2020 5:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,929.00 - $34,319.00/year, with potential growth to $41,786.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Kent County Health Department, Chestertown, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will implement activity therapy programs, as well as client assessments, for elderly and/or physically or mentally disabled adults in Kent County's Medical Adult Day Care (MADC). This position will also provide stimulation through activities which promote client wellness and independence. Such activities include art, crafts, music, games, recreation, and social events, as supervised by the MADC Director, in adherence with guidelines of the Maryland Department of Health (MDH).
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, with at least 15 credit hours in health services, human services, education, or the behavioral sciences.
1. Applicants may substitute two years of experience assisting in the implementation of prescribed activity therapy programs, under the supervision of a healthcare professional, to include assisting in patient/client assessments for mentally ill, aged, physically ill, or physically disabled patients or developmentally disabled clients, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a Non-Commissioned Officer in Therapy classifications or Therapy specialty codes in the Therapeutic Recreation field of work, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have experience conducting and overseeing activities for elderly and/or physically or mentally disabled adults, as well as experience supervising elderly and/or physically or mentally disabled adults, including serving them meals and transporting them to outside venues.
The desired candidate may be requested to work evenings and weekends.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in some positions in this classification may be required to operate vehicles which require a Class “C” motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardio-pulmonary resuscitation training.
4. Employees in this classification at facilities with a swimming pool may be required to obtain Red Cross instruction and certification in Life Saving and Water Safety, prior to appointment.
Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.