CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER I Refrigeration Mechanic
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||12/23/2019 3:51:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/29/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,118.00 - $63,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Eubanks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Several positions are located throughout the State of Maryland. Therefore, the resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies.
When completing the application, please select all locations in which you are willing to work.
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school diploma or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Two years of refrigeration mechanic experience.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland prior to permanent appointment.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver’s license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
3. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
4. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the disposing or servicing of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess technician certification from an approved Environmental Protection Agency certifying organization as required by Section 608 of the Federal Clean Air Act.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|