CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER I Painting
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||12/20/2019 3:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/20/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,118.00 - $63,480.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Eubanks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
When completing the application, please select all locations in which you are willing to work.
Main Purpose of Job
Inmate Supervision: Maintains control and discipline among inmate workers; conducts searches for contraband items; administers verbal or written disciplinary actions to inmates for any violations of conduct standards. Enforces safety, sanitary, custody and security rules and regulations. Physically restrains inmates if necessary during fights or escape attempts. Maintains continual count of inmates assigned to work details supervised. Assigns installation maintenance or repair tasks to designated inmates performing at various levels of proficiency in the trade. Train and instructs inmates regarding methods and techniques, use of tools and equipment, and proper care of tools and equipment. Inspects and approves/disapproves all work performed by inmates for adherence to quality standards.
Administrative related functions: Estimates time, materials and supplies needed to conduct assigned maintenance or repair tasks. Orders supplies and materials needed. Keeps records of supplies and materials used; inventories materials on hand tools in use.
Performance of Trade- related functions: Personally performs certain installation, maintenance or repair tasks on painted finishes and other infrastructure. Plans and implements appropriate procedures, operates hand and power tools and equipment needed; maintains record of time, supplies and materials required. Escorts third party vendors and inspect completed work assignment.
Performs other related duties
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Two years of painting experience.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver’s license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
3. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Emily Eubanks
300 E. Joppa Road Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4257
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|