CORRECTIONAL DIETARY SUPERVISOR
|Date Opened||1/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$51,978.00 - $77,159.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
*Internal Only: This is for a permanent position within the Maryland Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: Three years of experience involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmate workers in a food operation of a correctional institution.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
*Internal Only: This position is for current permanent or contractual Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services staff only
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to obtain the appropriate State of Maryland driver's license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
1. Employees who have not already done so must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission for a Correctional Officer during their probationary period (Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209). Selection standards for correctional officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment Number 18-004036-0002
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4210.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.