PROCUREMENT OFFICER III
PROCUREMENT OFFICER SUPERVISOR
|Department||COMM - Ofc of Admin & Information Technology|
|Date Opened||9/9/2019 11:23:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/23/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$59,914.00 - $96,197.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position will be responsible for the solicitation, evaluation, negotiation, and award and all other aspects of the procurement process for large, complex, multi-year contracts and small procurements for the agency; monitor all procurement-exempt contract awards, provide training and assistance to departmental personnel on selected procurement methods in accordance with COMAR regulations; prepare appropriate documentation for contracts that require Board of Public Works (BPW) approval; provide advice and guidance to agency personnel; develop and implement procurement training for staff; coordinate activities to procure services, commodities and international contracts for agency division. Incumbent will provide advice and guidance to agency personnel in regard to contract goal setting for the Minority Business Enterprise and Small Business Reserve programs.
Ideal candidate should possess strong written and oral communications skills, as well as strong organizational skills. The ability to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks is a must. Candidates must have extensive knowledge of COMAR Title XXI and State of Maryland procurement laws, rules and regulations.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of professional public sector procurement, or private sector contracting experience, which included activities such as soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts, advertising procurement opportunities, distributing specifications to vendors, coordinating bidder evaluation committees, conducting vendor debriefings, monitoring contract performance, eProcurement management, professionals certification or procurement business operations.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in ensuring appropriate and consistent enterprise-wide interpretation of and compliance with enterprise level procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute a Doctorate of Jurisprudence (JD) degree or a Master’s degree in Business Administration for two years of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Experience with State of Maryland Procurement
Experience using Financial Management Information System (FMIS)
Experience with ADPICS, eMaryland Marketplace is highly preferred
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, Google Suite or relevant software
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must obtain certification as a Procurement Professional Certification from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please read all requirements before applying. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered. Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/careers - review Career Openings section. Please attach a resume to your online application. If you are unable to apply online, please submit your resume to:
Maryland Department of Commerce - Office of Human Resources
ATTN: PROCUREMENT OFFICER III
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street, 10TH Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
If you have questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300. You may also visit our website at: http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce
As an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay 1-800-925-4434
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|