PROCUREMENT OFFICER I
|Department||MDH Deputy Secretary for Operations|
|Date Opened||11/5/2019 11:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||11/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $60,183.00/year, with potential growth to $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angeline Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Office of Enterprise Technology, Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to be second in command to the Chief of Fiscal Services for the Office of Enterprise Technology (OET). This position is responsible for maintaining the non-Medicaid side of the budget and assisting with the budget on the Medicaid side; maintaining records for all CPC purchases and preparing monthly reconciliations across all OET; performing a full range of procurement activities from initial planning through contract formations, award, and contract management primarily for Information Technology contracts. This position will also review and approve ADPICS purchase orders within OET delegated authority according to guidance and instructions provided by immediate supervisor; prepare contract and solicitation documents necessary to conduct a wide range of procurement and contracting activities and be responsible for soliciting and reviewing bids and proposals to ensure compliance with all application laws, policies, terms and conditions; prepare all correspondence and documents necessary for final contract award; review of vendor reports, processing of surcharge payments, exercising renewal options and any contract amendments.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as : soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have experience executing purchase order request for proposal utilizing state contracts. The desired candidate should have experience using advanced purchasing and inventory system portion of FMIS. The desired candidate should have experience with ITAM and FMIS, budget management, reviewing and approving all CPC purchases.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.