ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||10/30/2019 12:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,601.00 - $61,038.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of Equity & Reform
300 N Gay Street,
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. At least one year’ experience working with emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized or exceptional juveniles in a secure or residential setting.
3. Proficient experience working with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
4. Strong written and oral communication skills.
5. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
6. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.