DJS RESIDENTIAL GROUP LIFE MANAGER I (Repost)
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||4/23/2019 08:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/7/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,795.00 - $76,513.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Meadow Mountain Youth Center
234 Recovery Rd.
Grantsville, MD 21536
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The education and certification requirements are set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute possession of an Associate of Arts degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university or sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, including 15 hours in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences for one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice or the social or behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university for two years of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Correctional Officer classifications or Correctional Officer specialty codes in the Miscellaneous Occupations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2.Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.