DJS RESIDENT ADVISOR SUPERVISOR (Repost)
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||9/10/2019 11:10:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,479.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Victor Cullen Center
6000 Cullen Dr., Sabillasville, MD 21780
Main Purpose of Job
A DJS Resident Advisor Supervisor is the supervisory level of work providing supervision and guidance to youth residing in a facility operated by the Department of Juvenile Services by observing, interacting and assisting them with everyday life skills and advising them of appropriate alternative behaviors. Employees in this classification coordinate residential programming services. Employees in this classification supervise lower-level DJS Resident Advisors.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute successful completion of twelve hours of supervisory related training approved by DJS Human Resources for six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute education in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences at an accredited college or university at a rate of 15 credit hours for each six months of the required experience for up to one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Services Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
One year of experience planning and supervising the performance of work of employees in a secure residential juvenile facility
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to current Department of Juvenile Service employees.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment as a DJS Resident Advisor II and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers must have completed a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers must possess a Maryland Board of Nursing Medication Technician certificate in accordance with Nurse Practice Act, Annotated Code of Maryland, Health Occupation Article, Title 8, COMAR Title 10, Subtitle 39, Chapter 04 - Medication Technicians.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the date.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Qualified, Better Qualified, or Best Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be sued by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.