DJS RESIDENT ADVISOR LEAD **RE-POST**
|Department||DJS Eastern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||9/13/2019 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$47,410.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Andrews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
J. DeWeese Carter Center
300 Scheeler Road
Chestertown, MD 21620
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One and one half years of experience providing supervision and guidance to youth in a juvenile facility or juvenile services community program for at-risk youth.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Candidates may substitute successful completion of six hours of supervisory related training approved by DJS Human Resources for six months of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute education in criminal justice or the social or behavioral sciences at an accredited college or university at a rate of 15 credit hours for each six months of the required experience for up to one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services Aid and Assistant classifications or Social Services Aid and Assistant specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be fully certified by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission prior to appointment as a DJS Resident Advisor II and are required to maintain certification while employed.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification that are employed at DJS Youth Centers may be required to complete a Board approved medication technician training program and possess a valid Maryland Board of Nursing (MBON) certification as a Medication Technician.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee in a mandated position. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing
An oral interview, and
Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
203 River Street
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Attn: Tabitha Andrews
Fax number 410-632-1527
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|