Training and Exercise Administrator
|Department||Maryland Emergency Management Agency|
|Date Opened||9/11/2019 1:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687.00 - $68,529 with potential for growth to $84,552.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kristi Metzger|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Reisterstown, MD 21136
Main Purpose of Job
NOTE: This position operates within an on-call rotating schedule according to assignment within the State Emergency Operations Center (SEOC) to attend to all emergencies on a statewide 24/7 basis.
The Maryland Emergency Management Agency (MEMA) is the agency of State Government with primary responsibility and authority for emergency preparedness policy, and for coordinating hazard mitigation, incident response, and disaster recovery. MEMA works to ensure that all Marylanders engage in preparedness activities and that the entire state is more disaster resilient. The Resource Coordination Branch is a critical part of MEMA's mission and the successful execution of the Agency's Center for Preparedness Excellence.
This position reports to the Manager of the Resource Coordination Branch.
This position serves the State of Maryland, its State Agencies, and local jurisdictions in developing training courses and exercise materials and delivering training and facilitating exercises for the Maryland Joint Operations Center (MJOC) staff. This position will focus equally on exercise development, training and development of new MJOC staff.
The position will also support Agency programs, projects, and activities related to the overall Agency mission, and may be tasked to support other duties as assigned by the Manager of the Resource Coordination Branch. In order to fulfill these responsibilities, this position requires strong communication, managerial, supervisory, and leadership skills, as well as strong technical and presentation skills.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Emergency and disaster response and recovery operations as needed and/or assigned by Agency Executive Director, Deputy Executive Director, Directors, or Consequence Management Personnel
- Exercise development, and training and development of MJOC staff
- Curriculum Development and Course Instruction
- Support the Agency’s statewide activities
- Support Maryland’s strategic goals and objectives for homeland security
- Support and participate in Consequence Management Directorate and overall Agency initiatives and programs
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Two years of experience working in a public safety emergency communications/operations center
- One year developing, delivering, and evaluating training programs directly related to emergency communications/operations center functions
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Five years of experience in the operations of public information & warning systems, computer aided dispatch (CAD), WebEOC, and/or other systems within a public safety emergency communications and/or operations center environment
- Two years of experience developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Proficient in the use of Google systems including Gmail, Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, other office products
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. Resumes will not be accepted. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|