|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||12/18/2019 09:42:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/17/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00/year - $60,183.00/year with potential growth to $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
OFFICE OF THE INSPECTOR GENERAL
1525 N. CALVERT STREET, 7TH FLOOR
BALTIMORE, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This is the primary position for the Bureau of Investigative Services Unit (BIS) in the Office of the Inspector General (OIG). This position conducts reviews, examinations and investigations in order to objectively monitor, verify, and analyze allotment of State and Federal funds disbursed through the Department of Human Services (DHS). It is a key resource for ensuring department financial integrity with regard to preventing and investigating fraud and other misconduct against DHS. By protecting DHS programs that must be free of financial and other types of abuse, this position also contributes to ensuring that DHS customers achieve independence. This position assists the OIG's mission to protect the integrity of DHS and to detect, deter and reduce financial loss to the State. This position will be required to travel and possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland will be required.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
If not using the substitution, one year of the required minimum experience must involve planning and/or conducting investigations related to the enforcement of State and/or Federal law.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of investigatory experience in any of the following areas: Family Investment Specialist, Law Enforcement Officer, Fraud Investigator, Child Protective Service Worker, Child Support Specialist, Absent Parent Locator and/or locating individuals for the purpose of serving warrants and subpoenas.
2. One year of experience working for the Department of Human Services (DHS).
3. One year of experience in the judiciary system.
4. One year of experience writing investigative reports.
5. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word to create documents and reports and Excel to create spreadsheets.
6. A Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Law, Juvenile Justice, Cyber Security or related fields.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|