|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||10/29/2019 3:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174-$43,862 w/progression to $53,658. State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Abigail Lord|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
160 South Water St
Frostburg, MD 21532
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
- Possess an Associate's Degree or higher;
- Experience in providing administrative support services to multiple staff members;
- Experience in preparing reports involving numbers (for example: mileage reports, requisitions for supplies, reconciliation of credit card bills, etc.);
- Experience with customer service in a professional, Government, or non-profit setting either in-person and/or over the phone;
- Experience entering information into and/or using a database;
- Experience using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets;
- Experience storing and retrieving documents from a central electronic location using a document management software (FORTIS preferred).
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|