MILITARY YOUTH COUNSELOR I
|Department||MIL State Operations|
|Date Opened||1/2/2020 3:34:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Freestate ChalleNGe Academy Bldg.
E4230, APG, MD 21010
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience providing direct services, counseling, case management or supervision and guidance to emotionally or socially maladjusted, delinquent, victimized, or exceptional juveniles in a community or residential setting.
1. Candidates may substitute sixty credit hours which includes 15 credit hours in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university and two years of experience providing direct services, counseling, case management or supervision and guidance to youth in a community or residential setting for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Master’s degree in the social or behavioral sciences or criminal justice from an accredited college or university for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned office in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology and Welfare field of work, on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification will be required to apply for a criminal background check as required by the Family Law Article, Section 5-561, Annotated Code of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification are required to successfully complete training as indicated by the National Challenge Program, such as one-week basis course for all Challenge Program staff and advanced courses on specific job responsibilities.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
This examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Angela Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org Fax: 410-234-3830.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. The paper application must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD 214) for Veterans’ Credit will be required prior to hire.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay