ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||11/4/2019 4:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jada Newman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Provide daily oversight to a team of support services staff to ensure accurate, timely, and thorough completion of assignments.
Train staff in the proper procedures and protocols for addressing customer inquiries and complaints related to worker's compensation, medical absences, reasonable accommodations, employee benefits and other HR related matters.
Review correspondence written by staff to ensure accuracy and compliance with agency guidelines.
Provide performance appraisal feedback and take appropriate actions to correct deficiencies.
Exercise critical thinking skills to identify issues and resolve matters in a timely matter.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
One year of experience managing staff within a high volume call center.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1) Experience in interpreting policies and providing guidance to agency personnel regarding FMLA, ADA, WCC, Employee Relations, Disciplinary procedures, Payroll, and Financial matters as well as to staff members of the unit.
2) Experience creating and maintaining reports detailing key business metrics to top leadership, measuring results and monitoring service quality as well as ensure timely and actionable responses to Agency constituents.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Jada Newman
300 E. Joppa Road Towson, Maryland 21286
For questions or more information, please call 410-339-3288.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.