HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST V
PROGRAM UNIT MANAGER
|Department||DHS - Prince George OCSE|
|Date Opened||11/8/2019 1:50:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/19/2020 08:30:00 AM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
THIS RECRUITMENT IS BEING REOPENED TO RECEIVE ADDITIONAL CANDIDATES. THE LIMITATION HAS BEEN REMOVED. IF YOU PREVIOUSLY APPLIED, PLEASE DO NOT REAPPLY.
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY OFFICE OF CHILD SUPPORT PROGRAMS
4235 28TH AVENUE, SUITE 135
TEMPLE HILLS, MD 20748
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent in this position performs as a senior level manager responsible for providing professional, administrative and supervisory staff work in managing the daily operations of the Establishment Unit of the Programs Division for the Prince George's County Office of Child Support Enforcement. The individual's work will be reviewed by the Deputy Director for Programs for achievement of service, accomplishment of unit goals and improvement in operational efficiency and effectiveness. The individual in this position receives instructions from and reports to the Deputy Director for Programs.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in the administration of a human
services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at may be substituted the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Candidates must possess two years of experience working in a Human Service Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. One year of experience working in a Child Support Program.
2. One year of experience using FIA systems applications, such as Child Support Enforcement System (CSES), and Client Automated Resources and Eligibility System (CARES).
3. Two years of supervisory experience.
4. Candidate is bilingual.
5. Bachelor's Degree is in Criminal Justice, Law, Business Administration, Social Work, Psychology or related fields.
6. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word to create reports and documents and Excel to create spreadsheets.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.