OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Date Opened||10/30/2019 12:21:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/13/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176.00 - $50,377.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Sites|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Processing writs timely and efficiently.
- Entering accurate dates in Offender Case Management System (OCMS).
- Providing accurate information to Maryland Correctional Transportation Unit (MCTU) supervisors and staff as well as informs supervision regarding any pertinent information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) Experience in interpreting, verifying, and completing requests via Federal and State Court writs to include: writs of Habeas Corpus, true copy test, and certified court documents.
2) Experience in handling and maintaining Federal and State Court writs while ensuring confidentiality of information both internally and externally.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services:
Human Resource Services Division (HRSD)
Recruitment and Examination Unit
ATTN: Jacqueline Sites
300 E. Joppa Road,
Towson, MD 21286
Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. For questions or more information, please call 410-339-3295.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.