OFFICE SECRETARY I
|Department||DHS - Worcester County DSS|
|Date Opened||9/10/2019 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,559.00 - $44,455.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
WORCHESTER COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
FAMILY INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION
299 COMMERCE STREET
SNOW HILL, MD 21863
This position serves as the agency front desk receptionist. Employee will answer a multi-line switchboard and assist customers. Employee will use front desk check in system to ensure timely customer service. Employee will be responsible for incoming and outgoing mail. Employee will assign vehicles to staff and monitor Google fleet sheet. Employee will be responsible for aiding Administration with clerical duties while assisting Family Investment with clerical duties. Employee will aid in meeting the mission of the agency by serving our customers and employees by providing excellent customer service.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services Specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. Six months of experience answering calls using a multi-line phone system.
2. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word to create reports and documents.
3. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite Excel and/or Google Sheets to create spreadsheets for tracking purposes.
4. One year of experience explaining information and interacting with internal and external customers.
5. Six months of experience in fleet management (scheduling necessary maintenance, assigning vehicles, etc.).
6. Six months experience conducting inventories.
7. Associates of art degree.
8. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|