GERIATRIC NURSING ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Western Maryland Center|
|Date Opened||1/9/2019 09:37:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,589.00 - $35,227.00/year, with a potential growth to $42,945.00|
|HR Analyst||Latonya Racks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Western Maryland Hospital Center, Hagerstown, MD 21742
Main Purpose of Job
Under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse, the Geriatric Nursing Assistant II (GNA II), provides routine daily nursing care to our residents and patients.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in direct care of patients in a medical setting.
1. Applicants may substitute experience in the direct care of patients for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialists and Medical Services specialty codes in the nursing field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant with a Geriatric Nursing Assistant certification designation from the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility within the first three months prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Employees must maintain a current listing in the Geriatric Nursing Assistant registry of the Maryland State Board of Nursing.
3. Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.