ASSESSMENTS OFFICE MANAGER ASSISTANT B
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||9/10/2019 1:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/24/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,312.00 - $57,214.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Susan Derlunas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Assessments for St. Mary's County
Carter Building, Room 2059
23110 Leonard Hall Drive
Leonardtown, Maryland 20650-0653
Main Purpose of Job
- Interacts with the general pubic both in person and by phone to respond to technical issues related to the assessment process, property values and/or general office procedures.
- Delegates duties to subordinate employees and monitors workflow to insure the timely and accurate completion of office assignments.
- Evaluates subordinate employees to assess work quality by regularly monitoring work performance.
- Assists the Office Manager in the development and implementation of clerical office policy and procedures to improve clerical office operations.
- Trains and instructs subordinate staff on the job duties and office procedures to follow, to insure compliance with departmental procedures and state regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Four years of clerical or technical experience in processing property assessment records and forms.
1. Additional experience performing general clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to 2 years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in financial administration and program classification or financial administration and program specialty codes in the accounting and budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Clerical and technical experience in processing assessments records and forms.
Knowledge of policies and practice used in Maryland State Department of Assessments & Taxation.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, you may submit a paper application and resume to: Department of Assessment and Taxation, Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511, 300 W. Preston Street, Baltimore, MD 21201.
Applications must be received by the closing date. If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.