SANITARIAN VI, REGISTERED
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||11/7/2019 3:21:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/5/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,687-$68,529 with progression to $84,552. State salary guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water & Science Administration
Wastewater Permits Program/On-Site Systems Division
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21230
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians under the certificate of eligibility requirements for Environmental Sanitarians.
Experience: Six years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control, and maintenance of environmental health, two years of which must have involved direction of an environmental control project and/or supervision of positions performing environmental health work.
1. Applicants may substitute a master’s degree in public health or environmental health sciences for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Environmental Engineering classifications or Environmental Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering and Science field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidate has the following:
Experience with soil descriptions including but not limited to textures, structures and redoximorphic features;
Knowledge or experience in design or construction of wastewater disposal system for commercial, residential and or systems greater than 5,000 gallons per day;
Knowledge or experience with water well drilling practices, inspections and or water potability standards;
Experience with preparing and/or working with hydrogeologic reports, mounding analysis and or nitrogen balance calculations.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current license as a Registered Environmental Health Specialist from the Maryland Board of Environmental Health Specialists.
- The licensure requirements are pursuant to Environmental Article, Title 11, COMAR 26.07.01 through 26.07.04. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
- Further information on eligibility requirements, to included application for license, may be obtained from the Board of Environmental Health Specialist, 4201 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore MD 21215, http://dhmh.maryland.gov/behs/Pages/Licensing.aspx.
- Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications and limitations for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for consideration of an interview/selection.
Only those candidates that demonstrate, in their applications, the required qualifications will be deemed qualified and referred.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division
Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number: 19-000321-0007
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
410-537-3130/ EMAIL email@example.com FAX: 410-537-3966
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|