MSP COMMERCIAL VEHICLE SAFETY INSPECTOR I
|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||9/6/2019 07:59:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176.00 - $50,377.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
U.S. Route 13 and Delmar Road
Salisbury, MD 21801
U.S. Route 301
Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six months experience in the mechanical repair, maintenance, or inspection of commercial motor vehicles.
1. Additional experience in the mechanical repair, maintenance, or inspection of commercial motor vehicles may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional experience in law enforcement activities including vehicle inspections may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees must possess and maintain certification as required by State Transportation Article, Section 25-111 (h)(2), Title 49, Sections 107-108 and 300-399 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulation and as required by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance Guidelines
1. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. In accordance with Section 15 (b) (4) of the Department of State Police Article, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|