|Department||DLLR Workforce Dev - Adult Corrections Program|
|Date Opened||1/10/2019 08:53:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,910.00 - $50,258.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Dunphy|
LOCATION OF POSITION
RCI - 18701 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
Main Purpose of Job
To provide occupational instruction in building maintenance theory and practical application to incarcerated adults in order to enhance employment opportunities.
Education: Possession of appropriate educational credentials as determined by the Maryland State Board of Education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Candidates who possess current Trades and Industry Certification with MSDE that is directly related to Building Maintenance.
2. Candidates who possess a bachelor's or higher degree in a State-approved career and technology program from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Building Maintenance(within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full-time employment).
3. Candidates who possess a bachelor's or higher degree in industrial arts/technology education, industrial technology, or in the trade to be taught from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of two (2) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Building Maintenance (within ten (10) years and include one (1) year full time employment).
4. Candidates who possess an associate degree in the trade to be taught or a bachelor's or higher degree from an Institution of Higher Education and have a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Building Maintenance (within ten (10) years and includes (1) year full time employment).
5. Candidates who possess a secondary school diploma and a minimum of three (3) years of satisfactory occupational experience directly related to Building Maintenance within ten (10) years and including one (1) year full time employment.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Teachers in State operated school programs are required to acquire and maintain certification to teach in the State of Maryland per Section 6-101 of the Education Article of the Annotated Code and Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) 13A.12.01.03B(2). Applicants recommended for appointment will be required to complete an Authorization and Verification of Credentials. Information on requirements for certification and procedures for application may be obtained from the Maryland State Board of Education, 200 W. Baltimore Street, Baltimore, MD 21201-2595.
Additional educational credits beyond the Advanced Professional Certificate must meet the following criteria established by the Institutional Educators Pay Plan Committee in order to qualify for application toward the APC plus 30 (60) levels:
Credits must be beyond the education level held at the time the educational requirements for the Advanced Professional Certificate were met and must either relate to the current job responsibilities or be part of an employer approved program of study. Credits mean semester hours from a regionally accredited college or university or Maryland State Department of Education approved workshops. No more than one half of any additional credits applied to these criteria may be earned through Maryland Department of Education approved workshops.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
U.S. Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. Any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing a U.S. Military form DD 214 verifying honorable discharge from service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Permanent State employees do not need to submit proof of Veterans’ status.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Human Resources
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
email address: Stephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.