MCE PLANT MANAGER
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||8/7/2018 4:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary $49,899.00/year (With potential growth to $80,078.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located inside of a Correctional Facility
Jessup Correctional Institution
7800-7899 House of Correction Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
- Plans and schedules production operations in both the milling and assembly plants which encompasses more than 63,000 square feet of manufacturing and storage area.
- Coordinates production and delivery of finished products to customers/MCE central warehouse. The furniture plant currently deal seven major lines of furniture which consists of more than 300 different line items.
- Prepares "costing sheets" for all items produced and assures accuracy between the plant and MCE cost accounting department.
- Responsible for planning and assuring implementation of new or modified products as requested (i.e., Governors office, Legislations, Colleges) also design new products to meet special orders.
- Constantly evaluates materials in use for economic and production efficiency. Reviews training manuals, goes to trade shows and visits vendors regularly to assure best materials for the best price is achieved.
- Prepares "Job Jackets" to maximize yield of raw material. These "Job Jackets" delineate type and quantity of material to be used for producing ordered product.
- Inspects plant facilities periodically during the work day to assure proper procedures for production, inmate training and safety are being followed.
- Assures production lines for each operation are flowing properly to prevent "Log Jam" which could affect productions scheduled by making daily and periodic physical inspections.
- Establishes and maintains a uniform production and inmate training record system to include hours and procedures.
- Oversees an preventative maintenance program for approximate 60 major pieces with a dollar value in the millions.
- Responsible for control and management of all plant assets to include equipment, raw materials, and supplies.
- Prepares reports for the Chief Operations Officer, Regional Manager, Customer Service and Fiscal Department.
Safety and Security
- Enforces safety, security and fire regulations
- Reviews and takes proper actions relative to inmate complaints and infractions.
- Maintain procedures for tool control and toxic or hazardous materials. Responsible for assuring tools that are checked out at the beginning of the shift are returned by sight inspection.
Education: Graduation from an accredited High School or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Six years of experience in the field of furniture manufacturing procedures involving the training and supervision of employees in a manufacturing environment.
The following experience is required in addition to the minimum qualifications and must be explained in detail in your application in order for you to qualify.
Knowledge of all aspects of furniture construction from sourcing raw materials to finishing products in a quality manner.
Knowledge of all aspects of production methods for furniture manufacturing.
Ability to read basic drawings and blueprints.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following experience is desired but not required. Please explain in detail on your application if you have this experience.
Experience with CNC computer programming and operations.
Ability to operate MasterCam program or AutoCad.
Knowledge of Quality Control and Work Place Organization System preferred.
Applicants must be able to successfully complete a background investigation.
Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.