AGENCY PROJECT ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SUPERVISOR
Chief, Critical Maintenance
|Department||DNR - Engineering and Construction|
|Date Opened||6/8/2018 12:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year (State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Khia Poteat|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience as a design and project manager engineer or architect for agency capital and operating construction, maintenance and system services projects.
1. Additional experience as an engineer or architect in the building construction field involving the design, construction or repair of building structures or system services may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Architecture field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualifications; please include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. Budget and CBIS development preparation experience.
2. Two year Capital Improvement Program experience.
3. Two years of supervisory experience running a staff of at least 5 people with duties such as scheduling, conflict resolution, leave and time sheet approval, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, etc.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation.
For education obtained outside of the United States (U.S.), you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the U.S., please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at http://www.naces.org/members.html prior to hire.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Khia Poteat at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.