|Department||MDH Behavioral Health Admin - Program Direction|
|Date Opened||8/6/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year, with growth potential to $70,265.00|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Behavioral Health Administration (BHA), Fiscal Services Unit, Catonsville, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position is a critical function for the Behavioral Health Administration (BHA). The major functional responsibilities of the BHA are funding and regulating the addictions and mental health service industry, as well as providing timely and reliable data, leadership, and/or technical assistance expertise. This position is an also integral part of the Fiscal operation and Federal Fund Grants.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing. ***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application.***
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing for the required education.***A copy of your official or unofficial transcript(s) should accompany your completed application.***
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.***A copy of your certification should accompany your completed application.***
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate for this position should possess:
at least one (1) year of professional experience in Federal Fund accounting
an advanced level of skills and/or abilities utilizing MS Excel (i.e. pivot tables/charts, Vlookup, macros, VBA, etc.)
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5:00 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|