FISCAL ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN II
Long-Term Contractual Position
|Department||DNR - Finance and Administrative Service|
|Date Opened||6/11/2018 10:48:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.52 - $16.65/hour (State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
Long Term Contractual
One (1) vacancy; full-time
Contract period: One (1) year contract with the possibility of renewal
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Finance and Administrative Services, is currently accepting applications for a Fiscal Accounts Technician II. This vacancy is located within the Accounts Payable section of the department. The primary purpose of this position is to review and verify requests for payment received from unit fiscal staff to ensure:
- Charges are consistent with State law, regulation and policy
- Amounts are correct and justified
- Account coding is complete and accurate
- Reconciles complex or multi-part invoices to ensure totals are consistent with amount requested
- Unit individuals approving charges have appropriate signature authority
Additional duties include:
- Resolution of errors and discrepancies
- Entering, reviewing and approving payment transactions in the statewide accounting system, FMIS
- Determining the appropriate coding depending on the source document
- Direct voucher or purchase order liquidations
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reconciling agency accounting systems to fiscal control systems or developing automated spreadsheets, ledgers and reports using accounting software packages or identifying budget trends and recommending budget realignments.
1. Candidates may substitute experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment, and report all experience and education related to this position. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will proceed to the next phase of evaluation. This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resource Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.