IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
|Department||COMM - Ofc of Admin & Information Technology|
|Date Opened||8/8/2018 1:10:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dolores Churn|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or other information technology related field.
Experience: One year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining applications systems and programs using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools.
1. Candidates may substitute six credit hours of coursework in application analysis and programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for six months of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and eighteen months of experience converting data from project specifications by writing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute completion of high school or a high school equivalency certificate and fifteen credit hours from an accredited college or university in systems analysis and application programming using generally accepted computer programming languages or other developmental tools for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute experience in one of the following areas: operating computers, scheduling, controlling input and output or maintaining backups or data storage, processing data on computers, evaluating, implementing and maintaining hardware and software, on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Computer Systems Programming classifications or Computer Systems Programming specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The preferred candidate for this position will have
Experience with database reporting and basic website development.
Experience using Microsoft SQL and SQL Reporting Services.
Experience with Salesforce Administration, Salesforce Apex Development; Cirrus Insight, Chatter and Agile Project Management.
Experience as a project leader on large complex Microsoft SQL applications.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite for Windows including Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel, Google Mail and/or other relevant software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Commerce at 410-767-6300.
It is highly preferred that you apply online at http://commerce.maryland.gov/commerce Click on Work at Commerce from the left side menu. If you are unable to apply online, please submit a resume to:
MARYLAND DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE – OFFICE OF HUMAN RESOURCES
ATTN: IT PROGRAMMER ANALYST II
World Trade Center – 401 East Pratt Street – 10th Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21202 As an E-Verify and equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay