DIRECT CARE ASSISTANT II
|Department||MDH Spring Grove Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||5/25/2018 2:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/27/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.97 - $16.56/hour|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
Spring Grove Hospital Center is the largest psychiatric hospital operated by the State of Maryland, with 377 beds. We are located in Catonsville, previously named by Money Magazine as one the best places to live! Convenient to DC, Baltimore and BWI airport, our 180-acre wooded campus feels more like a college setting. Our mission is to provide quality mental health services to patients from across the State.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive health benefits package, 11 paid holidays and 6 personal days annually, pension and retirement savings plans, training opportunities, free onsite parking and much more!
Spring Grove Hospital Center does not discriminate on the basis of immigration status, citizenship status, or national origin.
Join our team and be a part of the change!
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Health
Spring Grove Hospital Center
55 Wade Avenue
Catonsville, MD 21228
Main Purpose of Job
The Direct Care Assistant II is the full performance level of work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of clients. The main purpose of this position is to Support Spring Grove Hospital Center in their mission to provide quality patient care to psychiatric patients by performing blood draws and processing of laboratory specimens while following the guidelines set forth by the institution and standard safety practices.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience in work assisting in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of mentally or physically ill patients, aged or developmentally disabled in treatment facilities or community based programs.
1. Applicants may substitute experience as defined above for the required education on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Must be a Certified Phlebotomist. A copy of your certificate must be attached to the application.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing or have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing within sixty days from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks. A copy of your certificate must be attached to the application.
2. Employees in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification must have successfully completed a direct care training course or examination approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: Maryland Department of Health, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the Maryland Department of Health Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|