DIRECT CARE TRAINEE
|Department||MDH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||6/21/2018 3:12:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/31/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$24,538.00 - $37,949.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Potomac Center, Hagerstown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position will learn to assist in the care, treatment, habilitation or rehabilitation of developmentally disabled clients in need of support, assistance, mentoring in their treatment plans, skill building, vocational and meaningful life activities. The position is an essential member of an interdisciplinary team working together to provide all services needed to meet all needs of the person to return to full community living.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalence certificate.
Note: 1. Applicants may substitute experience in patient/client direct care for the required education on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Hospital Corpsman classifications or Health Care Specialist and Medical Services specialty codes in the health related field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess and maintain a current certificate as a Nursing Assistant from the Maryland State Board of Nursing or have successfully completed a Board of Nursing approved nursing assistant training program and received certification as a Nursing Assistant from the Board of Nursing within sixty days from date of hire prior to performing delegated nursing tasks.
2. Employees in facilities that provide long term care for the aged may be required to possess or obtain a Geriatric Aide certificate.
3. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
4. Employees in some positions may be required to operate vans which require a specific motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess the appropriate motor vehicle operator's license.
5. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete and maintain a current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation training.
1. Employees in this classification must successfully complete an in-service training program approved by the hiring facility prior to permanent appointment to a position in this classification.
2. Persons appointed to positions in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a telephone number at which they can be reached.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|