|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||7/10/2018 3:26:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Shavonne Holman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Charles H. Hickey School
9700 Old Harford Road
Parkville, MD 21234
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Five years performing secretarial work or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration or Personnel Specialist classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Special Assistant or Secretarial fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Two years’ experience working for a senior level administrator or executive.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills.
4. Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively.
5. Ability to demonstrate teamwork.
6. Flexibility in a busy environment.
8. Strong time management, priority setting and problem-solving skills.
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Please note that your answers on the Supplemental Questionnaire must correspond to the information provided on your application to receive credit.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments. If you are a Veteran applying for this position, please submit your DD 214 Long Form with your application to receive proper credit. If you are not a Veteran, the submission of the DD 214 Long Form does not apply to you.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Shavonne Holman
You may also fax a paper application to 410-333-4188. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments. Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay