DJS YOUTH CENTER COOK I (Contractual Position)(Repost)
|Department||DJS Western Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||10/17/2018 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/1/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.52 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Backbone Mountain Youth Center - Swanton MD
Savage Mountain Youth Center - Lonaconing, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience cooking, baking or preparing large quantities of food in a restaurant, institutional or military setting. Experience in a fast-food restaurant or as a short-order cook does not qualify.
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Food Services classifications or Food Services specialty codes in the Equipment, Facilities and Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification must obtain certification by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. In accordance with the Correctional Services Article of the Maryland Annotated Code, Section 8-209, the Maryland Correctional Training Commission shall establish the minimum qualifications for probationary or permanent appointment of a Department of Juvenile Services employee. These requirements are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.10.01.04, general regulations of the Maryland Correctional Training Commission, and include: U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status Must be at least 21 years of age A thorough background check, including fingerprinting and drug testing An oral interview, and Physical and psychological examinations.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where the employee can be reached
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09 – Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please contact the Department of Juvenile Services at 410-230-3454.
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
120 W. Fayette St., Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Veterans are encouraged to apply. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity