NATURAL RESOURCES PLANNER I - CONTRACTUAL
WATER AND SCIENCE ADMINISTRATION
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||12/27/2018 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Peggie Jefferson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to conduct reviews and evaluations of water audits, water loss reduction assessments, water conservation plans and capacity management plans performed by water systems.
The incumbent of this position will learn to prepare findings and make recommendations based on the results of investigations, tests, studies and evaluations. This position uses GIS and data visualization skills to communicate statistical graphics, plots and other information. The incumbent will be responsible for preparing tables and charts to show patterns or relationships in the data extracted from program databases. This incumbent will also be responsible for creating documents, spreadsheets models and other procedures for data analysis.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in an environmental science or natural resources planning, management or development.
Notes: 1. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, biological sciences and one year of experience in natural resources planning or applied environmental science may be substituted for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources planning, management, administration, development, environmental, urban or regional planning; resources economics or development; environmental system management; water or land resources planning and management; environmental landscape architecture; or the physical, biological, chemical or environmental sciences maybe substituted for up to three years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the general natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or general natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the general natural resources management and biological sciences field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- GIS training and/or experience;
- Experience in Data analysis training;
- Experience in Data visualization skills;
- Training and/or experience with statistical graphics, plots, tables and charts;
- Experience in Data query and report extraction skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the minimum /selective/preferred qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants that meet the qualifications will be referred to the hiring unit for consideration of an interview/selection. Only those candidates that demonstrate, in their applications, the required qualifications will be deemed qualified and referred.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.