Seasonal Deep Creek Lake NRMA
Natural Resources Technician I- 3 positions available
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/7/2019 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$10.10 - $15.50/hour|
|HR Analyst||Charles Hecker|
3 vacancies; full-time
Contract Period: March 2019 - December 2019
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
The Department of Natural Resources, Maryland Park Service is currently recruiting for three seasonal contractual Natural Resources Technician I positions. These positions provide assistance to the Deep Creek Lake NRMA Management Office. Work is performed indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions. Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as scheduled. Duties may vary for each facility and generally include, but are not limited to:
- Review and issue state recreation permits for the Deep Creek Lake NRMA
- Assess ecological impacts of proposed projects
- Work with adjacent property owners to implement ecologically sound construction projects
- Operate various-size boats
- Locate state recognized survey points
- Communicate regulations to the public and contractors
Education: Completion of sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 of which are in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study.
1. Additional experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment, and report all experience and education related to this position. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered; please include it on your application, if applicable. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will proceed to the next phase of evaluation.
You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Natural Resources
580 Taylor Avenue, C-3
Annapolis, MD 21401
The Human Resources Department is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to: Chuck Hecker, e-mail:
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.