ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
Business Partnership Coordinator
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Filing Deadline||8/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,390.00 - $44,205/year with potential growth to $54,186.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
This is a Position Specific-Recruitment for the Department of Human Services, Baltimore City Department of Social Services.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore City Department of Social Services
Family Investment Administration
1910 N. Broadway
Baltimore, MD 21213
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Business Partnership Coordinator is to assist the Business Partnership Supervisor with planning, implementing, and monitoring the Baltimore City Department of Social Services (BCDSS) Wage Subsidy, Customized Skills Training, and Work Experience Worksites. The Business Partnership Coordinator will conduct daily outreach to entrepreneurs, community-based organizations, and governmental agencies. The Business Partnership Coordinator will also represent the Program Supervisor and agency leadership at local and regional workforce development planning sessions to identify and solicit job placement opportunities.
Plans, implements, and monitors the Baltimore City Department of Social Services (BCDSS) Wage Subsidy, Customized Skills Training, and Work Experience Worksites.
Fosters, cultivates, and maintains a healthy professional relationship with businesses, non-profits, and local government communities.
Each Coordinator develops specific skills training opportunities to assist clients in meeting employer-required qualifications.
Assists the Program Supervisor and staff in planning, organizing, and executing workforce and economic development strategies throughout the seven (7) Family Investment Centers and Baltimore WORKS! weekly.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess:
1. One year experience developing and conducting trainings and/or workshops.
2. One year experience collaborating with community based organizations, governmental agencies, or businesses to identify and/or solicit job placement opportunities.
3. One year experience assisting disadvantaged populations to meet education or employment goals.
4. One year experience in case management and/or contract monitoring.
5. One year experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, etc. and/or Google Docs. and Spreadsheets.
6. One year experience communicating with internal and external customers.
7. Good organizational skills.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Betty Ketterman
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email email@example.com; Voice 410-767-7147, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434;
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. Resumes and copies of diplomas are not required for this examination process.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.