ELECTION DATA APPLICATION SPECIALIST II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||1/2/2019 2:52:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $48,665.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Talbot County Board of Elections
215 Bay St.
Easton, MD 21601
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in the operation of data entry devices.
1. Specialized, documented training in data processing may substitute for six months of the required experience.
2. General clerical experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Computer Clerk and Assistant classifications or Computer Clerk and Assistant specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The preferred candidate for this position will possess:
One year of experience managing data using Excel.
Experience composing correspondence.
Ability to talk on the phone for long periods of time.
Customer service skills
Experience conducting training.
Ability to collaboratively work in small groups.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland State Board of Elections
Attn: Recruitment 151 West St.
Annapolis, MD 21401
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please call 410-269-2866.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay: 1-800-735-2258
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-269-2866 or by emailing email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.