HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVISOR III
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||9/4/2018 09:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for cleaning dormitory rooms throughout the Center.
- Clean public restrooms within the complex.
- Empty trash as necessary within the complex.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as assigned at Firearms Training, Driver Training and/or Physical Training Facility.
- Collect recycled paper as necessary within the complex.
- Clean classrooms and common areas within the Center.
- Provide on site laundry services for special use items such as tablecloths and table skirting.
- Maintain inventory of housekeeping supplies.
- Prepare inventory list of laundry to be sent out for cleaning.
- Maintain a stocked housekeeping supply room.
- Update Facility Management personnel of status of guest rooms.
- Perform visual inspection and request work orders as needed for maintenance services within the complex.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience performing any combination of cleaning duties to maintain commercial establishments in a clean and orderly manner, such as; cleaning rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, transporting trash and waste to disposal areas and cleaning and supplying restrooms.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to work weekends and holidays based on staffing needs. Employees required to work on those days will receive compensatory time off on other days. 2. Employees in this classification may be required to live on the grounds of the institution or agency.
**Selected candidate MUST successfully complete a background investigation**
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.