AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II (C18015)
|Department||DHCD - Division of Finance and Administration|
|Date Opened||6/13/2018 08:55:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/27/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$19.83 - $25.62/hourly (Grade 15/base - step 9, with potential growth to $31.56)|
|HR Analyst||Richard Alsever|
This is a contractual position with limited State of Maryland benefits.
Work that Matters. Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is a national leader in the development of affordable housing and community development lending. We are proud to be at the forefront in implementing housing policies that promotes and preserves homeownership and creating innovative community development initiatives to meet the challenges of a growing Maryland.
LOCATION OF POSITION
7800 Harkins Rd Lanham, MD 20706
The Department of Housing and Community Development's Headquarters Office is located in Prince George's County across from the New Carrollton Metro stop.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to document that you meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Unofficial transcripts, certifications or diplomas to document educational or certification qualifications are required. Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted with your application. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. Eligible list may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification. Successful candidates must document eligibility to work in the U.S. upon hire.
Please Note: The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is not sponsoring new employees in application of the H-1B Visa at this time due to budgetary constraints. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. Federal regulations prohibit H1B Visa candidates from paying sponsorship fees, all sponsorship fees must be assumed by the potential employer.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. However, if you wish to submit a paper application, you may mail your application and materials to:
Department of Housing and Community Development, Office of Human Resources,
7800 Harkins Road Lanham, MD 20706.
All application materials must be received by the filing deadline. If you are unable to upload your transcripts into the system, please send via e-mail to email@example.com.
Please include the following information in the body of the email:
- Attn: Richard Alsever, HR Generalist
- Your First and Last Name
- Classification (Job Title) of Recruitment
Incorrect application forms, or resumes in place of the application, will not be accepted. If you are interested in the position and cannot apply online please fill out the revised paper application which can be found on JobAps. For questions concerning this position, please call 301-429-7418.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.