AGRICULTURAL RESOURCE CONSERVATION SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDA Resource Cnsrv - Resource Conservation Ops|
|Date Opened||6/14/2018 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$36,557.00 - $57,808.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Hazel Day|
LOCATION OF POSITION
105 Chesapeake Blvd, Suite B-3, Elkton, MD 21921
Main Purpose of Job
This is soil and water conservation planning work, which involves a working knowledge of soil and water conservation principles, practices and methods related to the planning and installation of soil and water conservation projects and systems. Work is done in conjunction with the agricultural land owner or operator. This position assists the Cecil Soil Conservation District in the preparation and implementation of soil conservation and water quality plans.
Develops new or revises existing conservation plans for the cooperator that meets their farming operation needs and priorities and protects or improves the natural resources on the farm.
Prepares and delivers plans that are consistent with the priorities of the Soil Conservation District, MDA and it's partners and documents progress using established progress reporting and tracking systems.
Inventory and evaluate, for cooperators/landowners, practices to reduce soil erosion and to improve water quality by performing on site evaluations, gathering field information and resource data to identify needs and resource priorities.
Determines BMP eligibility for Maryland Agricultural Cost Share (MACS) funding for capital projects and/or co-cost sharing for the abatement of non-point source (NPS) pollution by agricultural sources for partner cost share programs.
Provides prospective applicants interested in the MACS Cover Crop program with basic eligibility requirements and changes or updates to the program, and assist them with enrollment and participation.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field.
Experience: One year of experience in planning, engineering or program administration work related to soil conservation or water quality.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban or regional planning, engineering, physical geography, or the physical, chemical, and biological sciences, including 3 credit hours in soils, and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
2. A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field may be substituted for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. An Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in natural resources, agriculture or a related field and one year of experience in soil and water conservation work may be substituted for the required education.
4. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience in soil and water conservation may be substituted for the required education.
5. Candidates may substitute planning, engineering or program administration experience in a soil conservation, water quality protection or related agricultural or natural resource program on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
6. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in natural resources management and biological science classification or natural resources management and biological science specialty codes in the soil conservation field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience developing or revising existing conservation plans for farming operations.
Experience using GIS software.
Experience providing customer service to the agricultural community.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in certain positions in this classification may be required to become Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Certified Conservation Planners (USDA/NRCS-General Manual, Title 180, Part 409).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred, however paper applications will be accepted from candidates who may not have internet access. All paper applications must be received by 4:30 PM on the closing date, no exceptions. (Postmarks not accepted.)
If you are submitting additional information, such as transcripts, the preferred method is to upload them online with your application. If you are unable to upload, you may mail, hand-deliver or fax (HR Fax # 443-602-9831). Mailing Address: Maryland Department of Agriculture, Human Resource Office, Room 304, 50 Harry S. Truman Parkway, Annapolis, MD 21401.
For questions concerning this recruitment, please contact: Hazel Day at 410-841-5840 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|