CORRECTIONAL MAINTENANCE OFFICER II Stationary Engineering
1st Grade **REPOST**
|Department||DPSCS-Central Maryland Correctional Facility|
|Date Opened||8/16/2018 11:03:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Afryea Lucas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Central Maryland Correctional Facility (CMCF)
7301 Buttercup Road, Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
This position has been designated as emergency on-call with rotating shifts.
Inmate Supervision: Maintains control and discipline among inmate workers; conducts searches for contraband items; administers verbal or written disciplinary actions to inmates for any violations of conduct standards. Enforces safety, sanitary, custody and security rules and regulations. Physically restrains inmates if necessary during fights or escape attempts. Maintains continual count of inmates assigned to work details supervised. Assigns installation maintenance or repair tasks to designated inmates performing at various levels of proficiency in the boiler room. Train and instructs inmates regarding methods and techniques, use of tools and equipment, and proper care of tools and equipment. Inspects and approves/disapproves all work performed by inmates for adherence to safety and quality standards on steam generation equipment.
Administrative related functions: Estimates time, materials and supplies needed to conduct assigned maintenance or repair tasks on steam generation equipment. Orders supplies and materials needed. Keeps records of supplies and materials used; inventories materials on hand tools in use. Maintains the shift log for pass down to oncoming shift
Performance of Trade – related functions: Personally performs certain installation, maintenance or repair tasks. Plans and implements appropriate procedures, operates hand and power tools and equipment needed; maintains record of time, supplies and materials required. Escorts third party vendors and inspect completed work assignment.
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmate workers in the option for which application is made. (Stationary Engineering)
1. The above educational requirement is set by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209.
2. Applicants may substitute two years of experience as a Maryland State Correctional Officer for the required experience provided they have two years of experience in the option for which application is made.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. “License”means, unless the context requires otherwise, a license issued by the Board to perform the functions of a stationary engineer.
(2) “License”includes, unless the context requires otherwise:
(i) a Grade 5 license;
(ii) a Grade 4 license;
(iii) a Grade 3 license;
(iv) a Grade 2 license; and
(v) a Grade 1 license.
“Provide stationary engineer services” means to oversee the operation of a power plant, plant of machinery, or boiler, each generating pressure of more than 15 psi and operating at 30 or more horsepower.
“Provide stationary engineer services” does not include overseeing the operation of a heating boiler.
“Stationary engineer” means an individual who is licensed by the Board to provide stationary engineer services in accordance with the license grades described in § 6.5–302 of this title.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland prior to permanent appointment.
3. Some positions in this classification may require the operation of a motor vehicle for the transportation of inmates or supplies. Employees assigned such duties will be required to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver's license.
4. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
1. Selection standards for correctional officer certification are established by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, must provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Afryea Lucas
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
To submit qualifying documents, the preferred method is to upload them using the online application; however, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (enclose a cover sheet with your contact information, position name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed).
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing an application.
We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
If you have any questions about this recruitment, please email email@example.com.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay